Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Not sure if I just have zero self-control or don't care, but I need some advice

I'm currently kinda fat, and I'd like to be less fat.

Been educating myself on weight loss and fitness for 6 years now, I'm no stranger to how to scientifically lose weight. I understand it perfectly: CICO and whatnot. There's been many times where I had no trouble with both weight loss and weight gain in healthy ways. But honestly, I just really fucking struggle with giving a shit right now. It might just be the depression but I really want to lose weight and get down to a more normal range, but I also just don't care on some days.

How do you guys convince yourself to just stay on track? I know without a doubt in my head that losing weight and feeling less fat will be miles better than the momentary joy I get from eating my favourite food, but my actions are doing something entirely else.

I have myself convinced in my head that the only way I can truly stick to a healthy routine is to simply torture myself. I need to really, really feel the struggle. And by that I mean by eating like, no more than 1000 calories a day. It's awful and makes me feel horrible, but the satisfaction that my pains equate to adequate, if not absurd levels of weight loss, carries it for me. But I struggle between committing to that aggressive method, and committing at all.

This post might sound totally insane and an obvious answer of just "Deal with it and keep up the habit." But honestly guys, it's a goddamn struggle. Any advice is appreciated

submitted by /u/Yrrrva
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mEjBIkU

No comments:

Post a Comment