Sunday, October 9, 2022

Motivation Dwindling- Send Help!

I’ve been on my health journey since April of 2020. In that time I’ve (5’7” female) went from almost 300 pounds to my current weight of 178. For the first 2 years, I was making a ton of progress - consistently hitting my weight loss goals and my calorie deficits. For the past 6 months, however, I’ve been maintaining my current weight.

I’ve been doing CICO on this journey and so I understand that, to continue seeing a loss on the scale, I need to decrease my calories and/or increase my physical activity. The problem I am having is that…well, I’m tired. The desire to keep pushing myself harder is gone. I’ve stopped logging my calories for the past 3 months or so to 1) give myself a break and; 2) to ensure that the lessons I’ve learned will stick. I’ve continued my current exercise regimen. I’ve been maintaining no problem, which I realize is an awesome accomplishment itself.

I guess I’m at a loss as to why I’m “over it” when I’m so close to my goal. And honestly, I guess I also just want to know if this is unusual or if this is something a lot of people deal with on their journeys. If you’ve been here, how did you get past it? How long did it take? What’s your story?

submitted by /u/xatomicxcupcakex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YauvS7w

No comments:

Post a Comment