Sunday, October 9, 2022

Truly savored a drink for the first time today

I know this is pretty small comparatively, and may not belong in this sub, but I want to celebrate what is truly a huge psychological win for me in my journey to weight loss and better health.

For most of my life, whenever I have a "treat" drink (anything not 0 cal) I have just sucked it down. I could put away a 20oz frappe in 10 minutes. I was always baffled by people like my fiancé who can sip away at a drink for hours, and may have to throw it out before finishing.

Today I took almost five hours to finish a 16oz iced latte (half almond milk, half premixed iced latte).

The real breakthrough was realizing that treat drinks should not do "double duty" of hydrating as well. I've been far more on top of my water intake lately, and working really hard on reaching for water first when I'm thirsty or hungry between meal times. Not having that dehydrated desperation for liquid really allowed me to focus completely on enjoyment of the drink.

I cant wait to enjoy my next treat drink, whenever I can fit it into my calorie budget.

submitted by /u/Rockettokojiro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uF76cT1

No comments:

Post a Comment