Saturday, October 1, 2022

Onederland is finally here - 109lbs down, 31lbs to go!

I (26F) weighed in on Wednesday at 199.5lbs and absolutely could not believe it and thought it would shoot back up within days... today I was 198.8lbs! My highest weight was 308lbs at 5ft9in and I have lost the weight through CICO.

It's been a very long journey over several years with lots of yoyo-ing, although since getting and engaging in appropriate treatment for my mental health I've been able to sustain weight loss over the last 2.5 years (food has always been a comfort to me).

I sustained a significant herniated disc at my L5/S1 in May 2021 which left me unable to walk more than a couple of metres and I finally had surgery 8 weeks ago which has been way more successful than they imagined. I'm so pleased with myself for not using this as an excuse and I continued to lose 26lbs during those 14 months. I know that a couple of years ago I would have eaten my feelings away as a distraction, and the idea of averaging at a 1.85lb loss a month would feel pointless (oh how wrong I would be!). I didn't really try to lose anything in this time (I couldn't even stand on the scales because of the pain) and it's given me a lot of confidence for when I eventually get to a point of maintaining.

Having a serious health problem has really opened my eyes to how much I've taken my body for granted, even through losing the initial 100+lbs. As soon as I took my first steps after surgery and realised I was pain free I started to reevaluate how I wanted to live my life and what my priorities are. Since surgery I've lost 5lbs through CICO and walking 1.5/2 miles 3-5 times a week, and the neurosurgery department signed me off this week as having no restrictions on movement/exercise so I signed up to the gym and have my induction tomorrow.

I'm so excited to see where my journey goes next. I'm going to take it easy with exercise as I absolutely do not want to injure my back again, but I am SO excited to genuinely put my health first!

submitted by /u/caffeinequeen271
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/T4kjYVC

No comments:

Post a Comment