Saturday, October 1, 2022

Sick when I lose any weight?

Every time I lose weight, even small amounts, I get really sick until I eat a surplus of calories and gain most of it back. My symptoms are nausea, brain fog, lightheadedness, and weakness.

I don't have a very aggressive weight loss plan (.5 lb/week), and I have plenty of fat to lose, so I'm not depriving myself. I take vitamins, as I currently am suffering from parosmia so it's hard to get all the vitamins I need from food, but I have experienced this even when eating an extremely healthy diet. I also have PCOS, so that might be a contributing factor. I can lose 70lb before I'm in danger of being underweight, and my goal is to lose 40lb. I've experienced this my whole life, so it's nothing new, but I am at my heaviest after gaining about 40lb during the pandemic. I thought I'd at least be able to get to my pre-pandemic weight fairly easy by being more active, but I find I can't return to that baseline at all because of this.

Anyone experience this and have any ideas on how to combat the symptoms so I can push through it and continue to lose?

Edit: Adding a side query: does anyone know about toxins released during weight loss? I heard about it once and honestly don't understand the science, but I wonder if my fat cells have high toxins or something and maybe some kind of detox could help (although I've also heard that detoxes are useless so maybe not)

submitted by /u/DramaticKaleidoscope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/y043qoO

No comments:

Post a Comment