Sunday, October 2, 2022

When other people notice that you've lost weight and then proceed to give you unsolicited and wildly incorrect weight loss advice

SW: 240 CW: 190 GW: 170

I don't know if this is just a me thing but I noticed this trend now that my weight loss has become a bit more noticeable.

I was having a conversation with my neighbor yesterday who commented on my weight loss--he asked me what I was doing to achieve it. I explained it was calorie restriction, eating carb-avoidant/low carb, and that I've been working out almost every day. He then proceeded to go on a huge tirade about how I don't need to be restricting what I eat, that literally the only thing that matters when I'm losing weight is working out, calorie restriction doesn't do anything, etc. He also knows I drink a decent bit of diet soda because I get my groceries delivered to my front door weekly (better than I used to be, down to 2 cans a day from 6 cans a day haha), and he said that me drinking diet soda is the reason I got fat in the first place, I should be drinking full sugar coke if I'm gonna have it at all, etc.

I just smiled and nodded and got out of the convo ASAP, but I realized after that convo that this seems to happen kind of often now? I've had similar conversations with my lifelong thin friends, giving me weight loss advice after I've already lost a significant amount of weight. Like, people who have never been on a weight loss journey giving me unsolicited advice about losing weight after they notice that I've lost weight. First of all, if you've never been on a weight loss journey yourself, why are you commenting on how to do it "right", and second of all, if you literally see that I've noticeably lost 50lbs, have you considered that I don't need your advice because what I'm doing seems to be working pretty darn well???

It's not like super irritating or anything, it's more just funny to me, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced something like this!

submitted by /u/battiigurl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ka4B68U

No comments:

Post a Comment