Sunday, October 2, 2022

Not holding myself accountable

I’ve posted on here a few times over the years but I lost 30lbs in 2018 and was keeping it off and doing really well at maintaining until Covid hit. I struggled with my mental health during quarantine and became very sedentary and fell out of my regular routine of working out 6 times a week and staying within a calorie deficient. Over the last few years (2020-2022) I’ve been steadily gaining weight and now after repeatedly telling myself I’ll get back on it …I’m officially up 40lbs. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been, I don’t like how I look in pictures, and I generally have just been feeling down and self conscious about my appearance. Each time I step on the scale it’s been higher than the time before and I’m starting to get pretty anxious about my health and feeling like I’ve lost control. I really don’t want it to get any worse than it is now, I’d really like to see some progress even if it was just losing a pound or two but I haven’t been staying consistent enough.

I keep starting off with 2-3 really solid weeks of logging/measuring what I’m eating, getting in regular exercise plus going on walks, and drinking enough water… but then a social event will happen and I’ll go overboard and I get discouraged and in my head then I completely throw myself off track.

I worked out this morning and logged my food today and stayed within calorie budget. I am really going to try to prioritize going to the gym and eating healthy this week so I can get into a good rhythm and routine again. I don’t know if I’m necessarily looking for advice, to me my issue isn’t with not knowing what to do … what is holding me back from meeting my weight loss goals has been mental and emotional and not prioritizing the right things.

This morning I was thinking to myself instead of telling people “I used to be really into the gym and nutrition before the pandemic” I can start trying to change my mentality and try to tell myself that I am a person who prioritizes those things now, too.

If you made it this far thank you for listening, I have a lot of embarrassment around this topic and don’t feel comfortable talking about it with friends. Hopefully today is the start of some much needed life changes. 💪

submitted by /u/misznesbit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UcFXDxd

No comments:

Post a Comment