Friday, October 5, 2018

14 pounds away from tentative goal weight. What is my goal weight?

Hi there. I'm 24, 5'11, M. I started about a year ago at 253 and maintained that weight for the first several months of working out a few times a week. I realized that diet really was the most important part of weight loss and probably couldn't eat like a garbage disposal anymore. Since about January I've started eating better as well. Not tracking cico, mostly telling myself "You are not hungry, stop what you're doing. Stop it." and that's worked.

Weekly, I do 3.5 hours of aerial arts (trapeze, silks, lyra), 2.5 hours of dance (modern and ballet), I try to go for a 2 mile run 2-4 times a week, and play very high-intensity Dance Dance Revolution when I don't run. I've also got a pullup bar I work with to condition for aerials. I'm down to about 190lbs with a goal weight of 175. I've spent the last month maintaining between 189 and 191lbs. I know why this is happening. It's because I've been too lax with myself. I'm planning on fixing it.

I'm trying to audition into a professional circus training program next year. I've given myself 9 months from now to submit my audition (via video) and the program starts next September. Obviously this is enough time to lose those extra 14 pounds (which I need to not be carrying if I'm swinging on a Trapeze) but I've also been building a lot of muscle.

My question though is "What is my goal weight?"

I have no idea how to quantify any of this. I don't have any concrete information like BMI or how many calories I should be eating or how much muscle I've put on. I have a regular old bathroom scale but maybe it's time to start learning about my own body?

submitted by /u/ShimCat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QuxlBE

No comments:

Post a Comment