Friday, October 5, 2018

This chart is keeping me motivated! 144 -> 134 and I've got more to lose

Hey y'all!

So my weight has fluctuated my entire life, and I've never felt like I was in control of it at all. Life would get stressful, I would get fat, almost without noticing it happen. Then I would starve myself or summer would come and I would sweat like mad and lose it all again. I tend to understand things better when I can examine them in detail, and I think, like a lot of people in here, I saw substantial progress when I bought a scale, a food scale, started tracking CICO, etc.

One of the things I do is weigh myself every morning and insert the results on a spreadsheet, which then gives me this pretty chart! I began tracking on August 25, and my goal is to go from 145 to 130, so as you can see I still have some ways to go.

Seeing the exact progress I've made, the fact that I can say to myself, "Look, Witty, even if it went up for two days, it comes down again; it takes a long time, but look, you're making a dent," is a really good feeling. It is also the best way to remind myself to stay strong when I feel a craving for food or sugary sodas.

Today I have officially lost 10 pounds! I have more goals to achieve but this seemed like a good day to celebrate a little, and if you're also a data-driven person then you might enjoy doing something similar to track your weight loss!

Edit: My weight started somewhere between 144 and 145 so I end up labeling my starting weight a little inconsistently, sorry!

submitted by /u/wittyrutabaga
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DZUrPx

No comments:

Post a Comment