Friday, October 5, 2018

My weight loss fears came true (loose skin) but it's okay

I'm writing this because it will be therapeutic for me and I wanted to offer what I believe to be a different perspective than I usually see here.

 

I'm 30 years old, 5'8" and lost 94 lbs from mid December 2017 to August 2018. I've been intentionally maintaining, although I would like to lose another 10 lbs or so.

 

I was afraid of having loose skin as are many people here. The usual responses seem to be that loose skin won't even matter, it won't be that bad, or, essentially, that it's silly to worry about it. Even at my largest I worried about it and started saving money. I currently have an extremely minimal amount of fat and breast tissue in my breasts. There is about six inches of just skin hanging past my inframammary fold. My stomach doesn't look that bad while I'm standing but when I get into a push up position several inches of skin pool into the center.

 

In a few days I'm having a breast lift with implants. I'm terrified and excited but so grateful that I'm able to do this. I'm glad I worried and saved money.

 

So yes, the loose skin might actually end up being that bad. My advice is to start saving money for surgery now, because there's no reason not to. If you end up not wanting it you'll still have money saved up, so it's a win-win.

submitted by /u/OrganicExpression
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RuaPdO

No comments:

Post a Comment