Thursday, October 11, 2018

23 F - 30 lbs in 18 months - slow progress is good progress!

During my second year at college I put on about 10 kg (22lbs). It was a very stressful year for me for a number of reasons and I dealt with this stress by eating. I used to go out to the supermarket in the evening and buy whatever I wanted. I was unhappy in many ways but had also sort of just accepted that I will 'always be chubby' and that I have a slow metabolism.

Well then I had a year off college and I decided to take up running. I only run about 3 times a week and when I first started I had to run on the treadmill in the gym as I had to keep stopping to catch my breath. Nowadays I run outside on the roads or in the hills and I really, really love it. I also changed my attitude to food. I know people say that a lot but I've only recently understood what it means. I guess it means different things to different people but for me it means that if I get a coffee, I remind myself that I don't need to get a piece of cake as well. The cake will always be there if I want it. Also if my family get pizza one evening, we don't need to get ice cream for afterwards too. I think this is the key thing - if you want something specific, then have it. But you don't need to take it as an opportunity to have everything else that 'goes with it.'

I don't know if anyone will find my advice helpful! But I'm just sharing my own experience. Also, as I said in the title, this weight loss has taken 18 months. I've never been one for drastic changes and I don't think any kind of savage dieting (as in, cutting out entire food groups, cutting out sugar) is that helpful for many people. I do understand that many people on here would like to lose more weight than I have and I'm not trying to present myself as some kind of expert. But, in my experience, small changes and consistency make for a steady weight loss. Patience is key.

https://imgur.com/a/Dvoif17

P.S. Please excuse awful underwear! I have only kept this bra for the progress pics!

submitted by /u/Gandagon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QKbVRs

No comments:

Post a Comment