Wednesday, October 3, 2018

700 (ish) calories per day?

So recently I’ve had a complete overhaul of my diet. I’m a 5’7 female and was around 220 pounds at my highest (in short, very obese), and my diet mostly consisted of processed, crappy foods. Now I’m eating a mostly plant-based diet, with lots of added plant/ soya-based protein as meat replacement. Because I ate so many carbs before, and knew that this is where I was going wrong, I decided to go for a low carb diet. Since doing so my calories have also been greatly reduced.

Now, I’ve been logging everything I eat into MFP, and have found that I am only eating around 700 or so calories per day. Sometimes it’s a little more, sometimes it’s a little less. My goal is around 1,200 for weight loss, but because the meals I’m eating are so low in calories I am finding it hard to hit this number.

I’m eating 2 good-sized meals per day. I don’t really eat breakfast and never have as I find myself feeling sick early in the morning when I eat, but make sure I eat a good amount for lunch and dinner. All of my meals are satisfying and I find myself very full, and have had no issues with hunger yet. I’m not intentionally eating so few calories, it’s just happening.

I just want to know, is this safe? I’m not restricting in any way, I’m not eating small amounts of foods or starving myself. I’m just eating good, protein-reach meals that are low in carbs and helping me also reach my vitamin/mineral needs. I’ve lost over 20lb in the past couple of weeks, but assume this is just because I’m so overweight and it’s been a bit of a shock to my system.

I’ve read a lot online about how low calorie diets can cause problems with metabolism, and can slow it right down or put your body into ‘starvation mode’. I’m just looking for some advice on whether I can continue with this, or if I should look at some alternate options. Like I said, I’m not making myself hungry or doing a low calorie diet deliberately, just making much better/healthier choices.

submitted by /u/hanh9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NjlowY

No comments:

Post a Comment