Thursday, October 18, 2018

A mind trick that helped me when using weight loss apps (CICO)

Here is my mind trick: I don't plug my weight loss goals into the app. I tell the app my accurate weight and height, and that i want to maintain my weight. I know I want a 500 calorie deficit, so that is what I aim for when I finish logging my day.

How this helps:

I can SEE that I am controlling my eating, and I can SEE the deficit.

Loseit has a weekly breakdown, which lets me SEE that I have a total deficit of 3500 this week, which means I know i'm on track!

When I over-eat, there's no red visuals, no 'YOU WENT OVER YOUR GOAL' visuals, just a "look, you're still under your maintenance, so you are STILL MAKING PROGRESS!"

When i need a break and eat maintenance for a day, again there's no graph or red lines telling me I'm over-eating. Because I'm not! I'm just not having a deficit today, and that's ok.

Mentally, it has made everything much more chill. Highly recommend.

submitted by /u/epicaac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J8FhGE

No comments:

Post a Comment