Friday, October 12, 2018

An early death motivates me.

In 2012 I was at my highest of 238lbs while being 5ft 10" and 22 years of age. But I had had enough and started my weight loss journey and went down to 182lbs within 2 years. I was looking and feeling great and was so proud of myself!

However in October 2014 my father passed away due to a heart attack. He was a legendary man but was very unhealthy as he was diabetic and suffered 2 strokes. This left me really distraught as it was massive shock to us (even though he was unhealthy) and I had never lost anyone before and always just assumed my dad would be around forever. He was only 59 years old when he died.

I gained nearly all the weight back and became clinically obese again at 210lbs. However there is a silver lining as I found the love of my life and got married in 2017! Married life is great but with having a partner to do anything and everything with it meant that we ate out a lot and my weight creeped up to 224lbs! My wife and I are trying to have children now and it made me think that I don't want to have the same fate as my father did. Dying before I turn 60 was not an option! My father could not be at my wedding but I am definitely going to make sure I am here to attend my children's!

I am back on the fat loss wagon and leading a healthier lifestyle since June. I have so far lost around 15lbs and I feel like that would be more on the scale if I wasn't also putting on muscle mass! I haven't felt this good in years and I am looking forward to the future.

Thank you for reading.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

submitted by /u/hassan_26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OODxrl

No comments:

Post a Comment