Friday, October 12, 2018

Depression and weight loss

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out.

I suffer from depression and I’m in therapy and on medication (Buproprion) for it. While there are a few different factors, it is mostly centered around my weight - I am 5’4” and weight 225 lbs. In high school I had a decent amount of muscle and weighed about 155-160, and it suited me really well.

Due to my weight, I often don’t go to school because I’m so self conscious, I’ve become a homebody, and I’m just not living anymore. I’ll go a day or two without eating, eat one thing (a bowl of cereal or a sandwich) and repeat. Once in awhile I’ll do something like eat a whole pizza to myself.

I’ll do good eating healthy and/or exercising for a few days, then I’ll ruin it with the thought process of “I’m fat.. what’s the point?”

What meals/meal plans would be easiest for me to follow? I’m not one for cooking much (though I’m not against it), but with depression it is often very hard to put much effort into meals, and I’m on a college student’s budget. I’m also a picky eater, I don’t like the majority of vegetables or seafood.

I’m losing myself and am afraid of falling further down this hole

submitted by /u/firefly1595
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pw525M

No comments:

Post a Comment