Saturday, October 13, 2018

Confusion and Inconsistency

Hello; Ive been a reddit reader for a long time but just got around to making an account a few days ago.
I think that r/loseit is an amazingly supportive and motivational group of people, and so maybe Ill get some insightful feedback by sharing this situation.
I am currently 25 and have always had problems with my weight. I was a skinny kid until around 10 or so and then just kept ballooning out from there. The worst was in grade 8, just before heading to high school where I was around 180 - 190 lbs. In highschool I got severely depressed - weight being a large factor. I started fires, was aggressive, and socially isolated myself. Eventually I stopped going to school and just stayed in my room. No one in my house interacted with eachother in a positive way. No one noticed I stopped going to school or even leaving my room. I think I ate the equivalent of one loaf of bread over the course of 1-2 months. Went to a new school in grade 11 at 111 lbs (I hadn't noticed the gr 11 / 111 lb til I wrote this teehee) and was proud and guilty at the same time for losing the weight. I have never done any sort of upkeep on my health. The food in my house was all artificial crap and Id been responsible for making my own meals since I was 8-10 yrs old. I never really learned proper nutrition - I was interested in sports / exercise for a bit but gym teachers kind of quashed that for me by making me the fat example ''don't do it like this'' *points at me* lol... Anywhoo I`m 25 now, and have been slowly gaining weight since I initially dropped it all at once. I stuck around 130-140 for a while - but I weighed myself the other day and was really just shocked to see Id hit 180 again (i don't own a scale and was curious when i saw one - i don't habitually weigh myself). I worry that my spouse is growing disgusted with me, and In the last couple years Ive tried on and off to build healthier habits but they end up tapering off and being forgotten until i get a new rush of enthusiasm and then i restart.
I don't just want to lose weight - I want to be healthy. I want to be able to lift things, and run. I have some physiological problems where Ill get frequently subluxation of the patella causing dislocation from things like i put my foot down the wrong way while walking upstairs kind of thing. So Im confused and apprehensive about the types of exercise I need to do and maybe have motivational issues? r/loseit seems to be more for pursuing dietary weight loss , if there are any other subreddit suggestions Id like to hear it. I guess Im a little frustrated because my "easy" options for weight loss are already being done (i think / as far as i know). I try to avoid processed food, excessive sugar, unhealthy fats. fast food isnt a financial option for me and i don't really enjoy it. I try to eat a can of fish a day and take a multi vitamin and a wild salmon oil supplement (lots of fish oil needed for joint health). When in the past i have tried a food diary or counting calories, I rarely went above 2000 with no effort, and averaged around 1700. recently Ive resumed my diary and am aiming for <1400 cal / day (my resting consumption is around 1450).
I guess Id just like to hear the thoughts of this community on this - I am very much open to criticism and would appreciate it framed in a way i can learn and work from.

cheers

submitted by /u/Drawn_Ablank
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yexv9O

No comments:

Post a Comment