Saturday, October 13, 2018

Need advice! Calorie counting during pregnancy / losing weight while trying for a baby?

So my husband and I are going to start trying for a baby. I'm actually not at the weight I wanted to be, though I already lost a lot of weight compared to when we got together (lost like 77 lbs, am now at around 185lbs).

Now I know during the pregnancy, weight loss is not what I will aim for. But I'm also afraid of gaining a ton of weight during it, so I want to continue counting calories just to keep control of my habits. I read that you only have to raise the calories above maintenance about 250 or so and only after the 6th month. So I'm gonna go with maintenance for starters.

But until I'm confirmed pregnant, can I go on with my calorie limit of between 1200 - 1500/day? Or could that be potentially harmful to a baby that I don't know exists yet? (btw I do not restrict what I eat, I only count calories)

submitted by /u/spoonyknowsbest
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A8yE45

No comments:

Post a Comment