Tuesday, October 23, 2018

[Day 1] Well, really Day 3..

Hello /r/loseit

I'm a 26 year old guy, just starting out on my weight loss journey (again). I'm 5'11" and for some reason my body loves to hang out at around 230 lbs. I'm sure it's not a novel story, but as a kid I was skinny and gangly, I couldn't gain wait to save my life. My mom used to actively try to fatten me up because I was underweight. Some switch got flipped when I started high school, though, I started freshman year at 145 lbs and graduated at 190 lbs. I managed to avoid the college freshman 15 thanks to a large, hilly campus, but moved back home for my sophomore year and gained 30+ lbs.

Now as an "adult" I've been hanging steady at 230. I'll decide that I'm unhappy with my weight and start tracking and manage to lose ~10 lbs, then I get complacent / bored / what have you and stop and gain it right back pretty quickly, but I don't gain any more than that. I've been sleeping really poorly lately. My partner believes that I might have sleep apnea (both of my parents and various aunts/uncles have it and I do snore a lot) and I've decided to finally talk to my doctor about it. But, I know that being overweight is a big risk factor for sleep apnea so I've decided to take the first step and start dieting again (and hopefully keep on track this time).

Since I'm just awful about cooking healthy (if I'm being honest, really just cooking in general) I've decided to order nutrisystem. And that's why I'm reaching out to this community. This morning is the start of day 3 of their "turbo week" and I'm dying. The caloric intake for this first week is super low to jump start the weight loss and I'm finding it a bit difficult to stay motivated. Last night my partner needed to make bacon for his dinner and I snapped at him because he wanted to cook the entire package instead of just what was needed for the recipe. I keep trying to remind myself that it's only this one short week (and I've already lost 2 lbs!) but I'm a little worried that if it's already this difficult after two days I need to find some real motivation or I will just up and quit again.

submitted by /u/nowsthethyme
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q9iYYB

No comments:

Post a Comment