Monday, October 1, 2018

DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU DON'T LOSE WEIGHT IMMEDIATELY

F/22/5'10"/sw 225/cw 216

So I don't know how self doubting you all are, but I sure am. I just recently (about a month ago) starting working out and eating better. AND NOTHING CHANGED. I was a major athlete in high school so I'm super competitive with myself and I've done this whole weight loss thing before but A LOT MORE INTENSELY. I felt like I was gonna die during my workouts - I NEVER MISSED ONE. I ate 1200 calories a day of just salad. I just constantly felt like I was never working hard enough. And I lost the weight. Real quick. I was miserable from the diet all the time. And suffice it to say, I gained it all back.

So back to present day. I started this fitness routine this time telling myself I really am just gonna do what I can. I'll eat 1700-1800 calories a day and I'll go to the gym every day, but I'm only gonna do what I can and not really push myself to exhaustion every workout like last time. In my mind, I could not put myself through what I had the last time. I was just too miserable and honestly if thats what it was gonna take to be a healthy weight again I didn't want it. I wanted to be able to eat pizza and donuts occasionally without feeling bad about myself.

I started at 225. So for two weeks, I stuck to a routine I was comfortable with. I lifted weights 5 times a week. Never REALLY broke a sweat. Squats got my heart rate up a bit but thats about it. I did cardio for about 15 minutes 3 times a week. Kept my diet to 1800 calories on days I got a workout in. So after these two weeks, on a completely empty stomach, first thing in the morning I weighed myself. 223 pounds. Only two pounds?!?!? for what felt like a drastic change from what I had been doing. And lets be honest, that weigh in was on a completely empty stomach first thing in the morning. One big dinner and I would have been back to my old weight. The thing is I STUCK TO MY ROUTINE. I DIDN'T BINGE. I NEVER BROKE 1800. According to myfitnesspal I was supposed to be losing 2 lbs a week!

It felt like not being miserable all the time meant progress just wasnt gonna happen for me.

I had read a post on here that said something along the lines of "if you start exercising and dieting at the same time - don't be surprised if you don't lose weight immediately." I chose to believe it. I don't think I ever really did believe it. But what choice did I have? I knew I didn't have the will to do 1200 a day and multiple hour long cardio sessions. And i knew even if I did I couldnt sustain it. So whatever. I guess this is my life now. So two weeks went by where I would weigh in (always on an empty stomach) and find I'd just maintained or even gained a half pound. I was weighing all my food. I was not lying to myself about my calorie intake. Maybe my body was just great at storing fat.

BUT WAIT.

Point of the story, that post I read here... it wasnt lying. In the past one week (NOT CHANGING THE ROUTING AT ALL) I am now at 216 (on a full stomach). Thats 9 pounds in a little over 4 weeks. 7 pounds I lost in the past week. It feels unbelievable.

I know I'm still really early in my journey but I just wanted anyone out there that might be afraid of starting to know that you REALLY dont need to be miserable to see progress. SERIOUSLY, I ate three donuts for lunch yesterday. And also that if it doesn't seem to be working immediately, but you know you aren't lying to yourself about your CICO then just wait it out.

submitted by /u/mybadwolf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DLZ67x

No comments:

Post a Comment