Thursday, October 11, 2018

Does anyone else still feel fat or heavy even though they’ve lost weight?

Finally hit onederland recently, weighing 198.2lbs. People legit see me as not just “not fat”, but “thin”.

A few weeks ago at a charity function I’ve been working at, one of the coordinator ladies kept offering me snacks since she always bakes stuff and brings chips and junk for us to eat while we work.

I always turn her down because calories.

This past Monday she asked me again because she made some cookies that are apparently very popular with the people in the charity and the people whom we serve. I politely turned her down again and she laughed and said, “I’m sorry, honey, I just keep trying to thicken you up because you’re so thin!”

And if that weren’t enough one of the girls I was working with followed up and said, “you’re either one of those skinny people who can eat whatever and never gain weight or you’re one of the skinny people who can eat once a day and be good.”

It was so weird. If you’d have told me people would say something like that back before I lost any weight, I’d have thought that those things would make me feel incredible. Instead I just felt slightly concerned that I still feel fat.

I still feel like I take up too much space. I still feel like I’m too heavy. At work, I still religiously check the weight limit on ladders before I climb on just to be safe even though I’ve been ALWAYS been under that limit even at my heaviest.

I still feel inwardly ashamed when people hug me because I feel like I’m suffocating them.

A great friend of mine who I haven’t seen in two years cane to my job and hugged me last week and she was shocked at my weight loss and commented how she couldn’t believe her arms overlapped when she hugged me.

Every shred of evidence says “you’re not fat anymore.” But I still feel fat.

But, why, though?

submitted by /u/weightmotivator
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RG9ArT

No comments:

Post a Comment