Thursday, October 18, 2018

Fallen off the wagon yet again... please help with motivation

I'm attempting to re-start my weight loss journey. I originally started out at 172lb in 2011 and went all the way down to 128 a year ago (my goal weight is 125lb), but here I am 6 months since I moved two states away from my mom's house (and her healthy cooking) and I've come all the way back up to fluctuating between 137 and 140 pounds. And I decided I had enough when my sister teased me about gaining weight when she visited me on Saturday and I saw the scale at 138.9lb on Monday morning.

I have fibromyalgia and hypermobility on top of a sedentary job, so activity is difficult. But I've been trying to walk at least 5,000 steps a day. I I requested for a stand-up desk (with a doctor's note) and finally got one delivered today. I had a kale smoothie and an egg for breakfast and a grilled chicken salad for lunch all week. But all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed and dig into a pint of chocolate ice cream that I can buy so easily from the CVS right at my bus stop. Like I did on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I know I've already lost 30 pounds overall, but that seems like lifetimes ago now. How do you get the motivation to keep eating healthily? Sugar and fried things and flour taste so good... I've had problems with binge eating in the past, and I still struggle to stop myself from eating that next bite that would put me over the daily calorie limit. And once I've had the bite I give up on the goal and keep eating. Do any of you have any tips to make me stop binging??

submitted by /u/astoriali
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pa8DJX

No comments:

Post a Comment