Saturday, October 20, 2018

Figuring out the CICO formula

I’m using my Fitbit to track my calories and do CICO. I used a website to calculate TDEE, I input my weight and BF (measured using one of those handheld scanners). I decided to just use my Fitbits calculation for calories burned in a day, as it measures heart rate.

So far, I’ve been on for a week and have targeted a 500 cal deficit for each day. This is mostly done through dieting as I haven’t been very active - busy season at work right now. Most days I hit the deficit this week, but one of two I was at calories in = calories out.

After 1 week my scale is down 5 lbs. I do have a significant amount of weight to lose (50 lbs to try to make it from “overweight borderline obese” to a normal weight. However, I was surprised that I lost so much. Not complaining by any means, but why am I losing more? I thought of some options:

-Overestimating calories eaten causing more of a deficit: If I enter anything in the track that’s generic I always put the highest calorie count available, Fitbit app gives you a range from low to “most common” to high. I’m not weighing stuff out, but I’ve tracked before, have lost weight this way, and have a good eye for measurements.

-High starting weight: I just have more to lose and so it’s coming off quicker at first when my weights high.

-Water weight: I don’t think this is it. I keep my water intake pretty steady and weigh myself in the morning before eating. However, I know hydration can impact your weight.

What do you guys think? Should I just be happy with the quick weight loss or try to dig down into this CICO formula and figure out why it’s higher? I suppose I don’t really care as long as it isn’t something I should address now to ensure I don’t have issues dropping later.

submitted by /u/krr26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R1juDu

No comments:

Post a Comment