Wednesday, October 24, 2018

First post - Not being honest with myself is the main reason why I haven't lost yet.

Hi there! I wanted to share a revelation I had with my weight loss, maybe it will help someone having the same issues! For starters, I am a 5'5" 150 pound female. I've been struggling with my weight for a while now, and finally decided to start calorie counting again last month. I was shocked to see how much I was eating. The first few days I felt like I was focused too much on food, and calories, but looking back now, it wasn't a bad thing. I ate 1200 cal/day for two weeks straight, and I felt amazing. I wasn't bloated all the time, I woke up feeling hungry yet energized and ready for breakfast. My clothes were already becoming looser. It was great. Then I stopped calorie counting too soon because I thought that I now was a pro at portion sizes and I didn't need to track on an app anymore. Wrong. I am back to where I started, but am going to start being honest with myself! I stopped counting because my ego took control and was like 'girl, you are doing great. You can eat whatever, you won't gain any weight back. It's ok, you deserve it!' No. What I deserve is to love myself and that means not overeating, taking care of myself is giving myself the amount of food that I actually thrive off. Overeating isn't a form of self-love, not for me anyways. It's the opposite. I feel like I am disconnected with my body and not in control. It's like I lie to myself for the quick rush of eating fatty and unhealthy foods. Anyways, sorry if that was long. Basically I knew in the back of my head that I was eating way more than I should, but eating the extra bagel was easier than having an honest conversation with yourself. I am not going to beat myself up over it, I am glad I am having this honest revelation with myself. I love myself even more from it, and that's what is going to help me shed the extra weight!

submitted by /u/vallybird
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q8BnEP

No comments:

Post a Comment