Saturday, October 6, 2018

First time below 350 lbs in several years.

I've played the diet game for many years now. Failing every single time. In January I weighed 384 lbs. I did my usual New Years Resolution of "I'm finally going to lose weight." Well since then, I've failed numerous times. Numerous binges. I rarely logged what I ate. During the week I was always decent about being mindful of what I ate.The weekends were a different story however. I guess I was doing something partly right because the weight was slowly coming off. I stagnated at around 355 for the past couple months. This week I decided to at least try a Keto diet. I started on Monday counting my calories, never going above 2000 (which is about a thousand below my TDEE) and staying below 20g of carbs. I failed on Wednesday. My boss had a birthday and everyone brought in food. None of it was low carb and I didn't want to be the odd man out and look like an asshole. I was careful what I ate but still hit about 60g of carbs that day. Mentally I felt like shit. I had failed again. I continued doing Keto Thursday and Friday. This morning I stepped on the scale and saw 349.2 lbs. Now, I know that was water weight. I know I probably never actually got into ketogenesis. But it felt good. Like I did something. I don't know if I can sustain Keto long term. It's just SO hard to do. I ironically miss the freedom of pure CICO. I don't know, but I made progress and passed a milestone of sorts. 30 lbs lost in 9 months. Not as fast as I want but it is weight loss nonetheless.

submitted by /u/bak1984
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pGZtWR

No comments:

Post a Comment