Friday, October 19, 2018

From invisible to attractive

I'm sure other factors are playing a role rather than just weight loss but there has been a dramatic difference in how people treat me now verses just two weeks ago. I think it's a combination of losing weight, my skin clearing up somewhat, dressing better, wearing make up more often and my returned confidence thanks to feeling good in my body again. I have had moments in my life where I would consider myself attractive and other periods when I looked hideous. I have noticed how I act differently and people treat me differently. At this moment, men actually remember me without us ever talking or only talking briefly, they call me beautiful, pay for my drinks, are eager to text me, stare at me while passing, etc. I always thought that when men acted that way, they were just trying to charm their way into my pants, but with all the sudden attention, it makes me wonder if I'm selling myself short. Our society is obsessed with appearance and beauty, and it is truly a struggle to untangle my self-worth with how I look. The validation is a great ego boost but something that I feel a little perplexed by. I guess I just want to hear if others have similar/different stories of how they have been affected with a change in their appearance.

submitted by /u/stellahazel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CsZdCw

No comments:

Post a Comment