Sunday, October 14, 2018

Gained 55 pounds but am going strong again.

A few years ago I went from around 260, don't know the exact number because at the time I was scared to step on a scale, to 180 and thought that I was done and could maintain that weight without paying attention. This worked for about a month and then the weight started to creep back without me even paying attention. I think that I subconsciously thought that since I was not as bad as I was before then a few pounds was fine and I was doing fine. This was until around a year when I saw a picture of myself and didn't even recognize myself, I forced myself to step back onto the scale to see the damage and I was back up to 235 pounds. This was a wake up call for me and I started to get back onto the wagon.

I was having a much harder time maintaining any sort of weight loss and kept losing a bit then gaining it back and realized I needed a different method to lose the weight. I finally realized that I needed to exchange my unhealthy snacking habits with healthy ones. I turns out that when you eat when bored you just need to fill up free times with some sort of activity and for me it has been lifting weights. Every time I get a craving to go and snack on something I lift weights for a few minutes and that usually makes the cravings go away. I have not really built up much muscle because I am on a calorie deficit but I have gotten a lot more toned than I was before. I am currently at 185 and at the rate that I am going I will reach my goal weight in around 2 months.

Here are some pictures of the progress, I don't have any from my heaviest but here is one from my sophomore year of high school an a current pic https://imgur.com/a/A7V5WlU

submitted by /u/Dr_Wh00ves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pPFS77

No comments:

Post a Comment