Sunday, October 14, 2018

I’m getting frustrated with lack of progress everywhere but the scale.

I’m going through a bit of a rough patch with my diet and I really don’t know what I can do about it. In the last 7 months I’ve lost a little over 80 pounds from about 325 to my current just over 240. I’ve managed the weight loss pretty well,straight CICO with a focus on protein. I’ve hit a couple of plateaus and I think I’m due to lower my calories again but overall it’s gone pretty well. . It should be a great thing, but it really isn’t.

I look basically the same. Still the same basic proportions, I’ve gone down a couple of pants sizes but there’s been no real visual difference and just pants sizes, I’m wearing the same shirts and they fit fine, now there’s just some deflated loose skin at the arm holes. My face has changed a little but forbthe worse. I don’t feel better. In fact I probably feel a little worse. I feel weaker and I’ve had a couple of injuries that I suspect I wouldn’t have gotten if I was still bigger. My knees still hurt despite that being the second most driving reason for the decision to lose.

It’s getting really hard to stay motivated at this point because I am going through all this trouble and denying myself for at this point what is just a number on a scale without any real difference. You assume someone loses 80 pounds that there’d be a difference. The progress pics you see are always crazy and it’s someone who has lost 40 or 50. Or people say they feel so much better and I just don’t. It’s really hard to stay positive at this point when I just feel like I’m wasting my time and working for basically no reason.

I could use some advice or words of encouragement. I guess this is mostly just venting and a reminder not everyone who loses a lot of weight ends up a great success story.

submitted by /u/Magnanimousbosch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PyqeIA

No comments:

Post a Comment