Monday, October 8, 2018

I did it. I hit my goal weight today, after 9 months.

tl;dr - I lost about 40 pounds and I love myself and I'm grateful to this subreddit.

Two years ago I was in a car accident and confined to a wheelchair. I gained a ton of weight as one does when one becomes sedentary. I had to learn to walk again and it was hell. (My tibia, fibia, and patella (knee cap) were all broken.) I got back on my feet, literally, but because the weight gain had been gradual, I didn't really notice.

At a bar contest, I saw some pictures of myself and I went, "oh my God, I got chubby." I have been very fit and athletic my whole life. (The month before the car accident, I had completed the 2016 Los Angeles marathon.)

I made a commitment to get back to my previous body type, which was no easy feat since my knee still has issues and I can no longer do any high-impact, strenuous exercise.

This community has been incredibly useful and supportive, so THANK YOU to everyone here for your advice and encouragement. I'm mostly a lurker but honestly, this sub was instrumental in my success. I used the TDEE calculator and downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, and those were the tools that helped me make this a reality. I also signed up for HealthyWage.com and I'm getting paid out this month ($1600).

Seriously, thank you guys. I feel really happy about my body. I'm working on building up muscle now and although I probably won't ever get back to long-distance running, I'm planning for a 5K this December.

Here are the before and after pics, along with my weight loss chart.

submitted by /u/IAlbatross
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NvXdeG

No comments:

Post a Comment