Sunday, October 21, 2018

Is this my goal weight?

When I began my weight loss a year and a half ago at 198 lbs, I had no pre-determined final goal weight. While I had been much heavier than that in the past, I had never in my life been in a healthy weight range, so really had no idea what to shoot for in terms of what would feel "right" for my body. Initially, I aimed for a first goal of 175 lbs. Once that was met, I tried for 160. As a 5'6" woman, I then set my sights on my first ever venture into IBW territiory: 154 lbs or less. Goal met. But then I found that I wanted to keep going. I wanted to know how my body felt and looked at various healthy weights, but still had no ultimate goal in mind.

Now, 60 lbs later, at 138 lbs, I have plateaued. I have spent the past two months bouncing between 138-140 lbs with no amount of exercise budging that, and a reluctance to drop my calories even lower as I just don't think it would be sustainable.

At this point, in my mind, I would like to try for 125 lbs, just simply because I never thought I would be able to get there (and maybe I can't). That said, I also don't think I'd feel any happier about my body's appearance at 125 than I do at 138. At some point I'm just going to have to accept that I'm a 43 year old woman who has spent a lifetime ruining her body's appearance and shift my focus to enjoying its newly excellent functioning.

Is my current weight a temporary plateau or do I just need to view this as a perfectly healthy weight below which my body isn't destined to go and make the transition to maintenance and fitness goals? Any thoughts from you good folks who have been here before me would be so welcome, because this part of the process is not on any map I've traveled before! :)

submitted by /u/1boxfox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PgzRyw

No comments:

Post a Comment