Wednesday, October 10, 2018

It doesn't feel like a sprint anymore

So I'm about 4 and a half months into this journey, 30 pounds down. The majority of my posts to this sub have been about me not seeing results as fast as I wanted, and being discouraged that my progress had slowed down. Many of you would comment and tell me I needed to learn to be patient, as weight loss can be a slow process. I'd see the quote "this is a marathon, not a sprint" and I'd brush it off, wondering what the point of the journey was if it takes you forever to reach your destination.

I threw a fit and cried anytime I gained an ounce of water weight while I clawed my way to Onederland. And once I did... it's like my whole mentality shifted. It suddenly felt like I could relax and truly embrace this journey. My motivation hasn't wavered a bit. I continue to take care of my body and lose weight at a slow but steady pace. I remember doubing my ability to even lose 5 pounds in the beginning. So I'm able to give myself credit for how far I've come while being excited about going even farther in the future. And I just feel like it's such an accomplishment to finally ditch the toxic mindset that I must lose the weight in the shortest time span possible. A massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can finally breathe, and it's a beautiful thing.

submitted by /u/corksncoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OQEtLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment