Monday, October 15, 2018

My biggest hurdle to weight loss has been my sugar/carb addiction. So...

...I am going to go 30 days without eating sugar/carbs.

I used to think I was an emotional eater, but the truth is I crave sugar all the time (and especially so when stressed). I have been this way all my life, but I have had years where I went without eating any sugar or refined carbs at all, basically lazy keto, and lost a lot of weight.

I've been trying to lose weight for a while, but I think I am focusing on the wrong thing. I would be strong for a day or two, then feel very physically bad and start craving sugar again, and I would always give in. I realized it is very difficult to control your hunger and cravings while you're still addicted to sugar and complex carbs. So for 30 days, I'm going to stick to lean protein, fats, and veggies while eating at caloric maintenance or slightly below. For exercise, I'll take a long walk every day.

Today is day 0 since I consumed a ton of sugar today before realizing I was feeding an addiction that is robbing me of life and health. Tomorrow is day 1, and I will make a post here every day until the challenge is over.

submitted by /u/thinthickthin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PBk5eG

No comments:

Post a Comment