Sunday, October 14, 2018

My current journey- 60lbs lost in ~1yr

I thought I'd share my journey with you guys. I find reading all yours to be motivating so I felt like I would add mine. I'm basing this off general memory so the dates / weight might be a bit off. Sadly I lost access to MyFitnessPal app which tracked all this.

  • August 2017 ( 230lbs )

I weighed in on a scale before leaving in a small airplane on a fishing trip at 230lbs.

Aside from the doctors office, I never weighed myself or really thought much about it other than being obviously overweight (but not massive).

Seeing that number be so high (for me) made me consider losing some weight. Previously I had done light jogging on and off and felt better, but didn't look into my diet much if at all.

This was a turning point in my life that I had to do something about it. I didn't want to get any heavier.

At this point I started weighing myself every so often and on/off counting calories with MyFitnessPal.

  • Jan 1st 2018 ( ~225lbs )

I made my new years resolution to quit sugar almost entirely.

I stuck to this and strangely It wasn't as difficult as i would've expected.

Previously I was a huge pop/redbull/candy eater, and ate it far too often. I would regularly have a redbull and large cup reese cups as a treat.

  • March 2018 ( ~215 - 220lbs )

My diet stayed about the same as before I quit sugar. Still eating terribly. Still ordering macdonalds and other fast food as a treat, often at least once or twice a week.

I hadn't really noticed losing weight at this time, but I was very glad to be distancing myself from the 230 mark.

I started to consider my dietary choices at this time, but still stubborn and largely unchanged aside from sugary goods.

  • June 2018 ( ~205 lbs )

Weirdly enough, I didn't really noticing losing the weight even though overall 25lbs lost is a huge difference. I think my body frame hid the weight pretty well?

Standing on the scale at 205 was motivating. I knew with some changes I could be under 200 lbs. It was at this point that I started to take weight loss seriously, and objectively reconsider my dietary choices.

At this point I started researching weight loss and signed up for the gym. From this point on I go to the gym between 3-5 times a week for 1hr of cardio.

  • July 2018 ( ~199 lbs )

I've completely swore off almost all "junk" foods that I would eat. I've learned to understand that healthy people don't find themselves eating extremely high calorie foods ( pizza, poutine, fast foods like macdonalds ) outside of very rare occasions.

Every 2 weeks or so I would Lan party with my friends, this almost always resulted in eating extremely above my calorie count, and in my opinion borders or rests squarely on what can be called binge eating.

What I've begin to do from this point on is plan my meals and order meals separately from my friends. I primarily order a pita or salad instead of pizza.

I purchased a digital scale from amazon. From this point on I weigh myself almost everyday.

  • August 2018 ( ~185 lbs )

Anniversary of the fishing trip that inspired me to change my choices. Hitting 180lbs felt amazing when I returned from the 1 week trip. The entire time I tried my best not too eat too much food (very difficult when everyone around you is overweight and eats for enjoyment). I did extremely well and to my surprise I came home to my scale at a nice 185 lbs.

  • September 2018 ( 180 - 175 lbs )

I started realizing that when drinking at lan parties with my friends, I still consumed too much food in terms of calories. Healthier food yes, but still too much. I focused on not eating more than I need to, which honestly is still very difficult when drinking alcohol.

It's a lot easier to be more lax when drunk, partying and having a great time.

This is a huge roadblock for me currently, and in terms of weight loss sets me back about 3-4 days simply by overeating.

This has to stop, and has become a roadblock for me, but I'm doing great I think.

  • October 10th 2018 ( 170lbs )

This is essentially where I'm at now. Still losing weight, but at a somewhat slower pace. I'm much happier with my body now, and I can even tell just moving around tight spaces or laying down in bed. I can literally feel my body where what used to be fat was. Very good feeling.

  • Overall thoughts

Weight loss rapidly started when I cut out junk type foods (pizza etc) paired with diet, exercise and calorie counting. I've resigned to the fact that I no longer need to eat unhealthy foods.

Chicken with hotsauce is my go to meal, but I make a point to myself not to starve and have a fulfilling, but not stuffed lunch and dinner (I never really eat breakfast, I'm never hungry in the morning).

If you starve yourself you will not be able stay on track, it's basically torture. Getting used to a more reasonable calorie intake is very important.

If you are overweight it is this: you eat too much food. period. Once I swallowed that pill, everything made much more sense to me.

I'm really happy with myself and my confidence is through the roof, and every pound lost feels better than the last. Hope to check in with you guys again when I've hit my goal.

This is honestly probably one of the best experiences of my life. It changes everything and I couldn't be happier. Also I seemingly no longer have a butt. Or at least a big one.

submitted by /u/Hersh_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PG1Bti

No comments:

Post a Comment