Tuesday, October 23, 2018

[NSV] I was TERRIFIED to go to my first aerial class last night. I was the fattest student there... but I went upside down! Pic included!

A few of my friends are involved with aerial fitness classes, and have been encouraging me to go for years. I've been way too afraid to say yes. The interest has always been there. Recently, I've really buckled down and been serious about my diet. I've lost 6 pounds so far, and the self-confidence from that led me to impulsively sign up for the introduction aerial class that my friend teaches. AHH.

My first class was last night; I was anxious all day about it. What if I'm the fattest person there? What if people judge me? What if I just can't do it? I was sorta right - I WAS the fattest person there, by quite a bit. But I wasn't judged at all; I was getting all kinds of love and support. I pushed myself to do things my body has never done before. And I even went upside down! It was a terrifying, gratifying rush.

I almost missed out on this opportunity because I was afraid of it. I think that weight loss so often focuses on change that I easily forget to appreciate the vessel that I currently have. My body can do stuff! Yes, I have to work harder than other people there to achieve less results. But it doesn't take away from the fact that I still did something AWESOME.

What I am doing: Keto diet (low carb/high fat/ moderate protein) and intermittent fasting (IF) 20/4. I see drastic changes in the amount of energy I have, and in the way my body feels throughout the day. I am fortunate in that I did not experience keto flu, and my cravings went away fairly quickly. I hope to eventually try C25k and/or some weight lifting as I settle more into my routine.

https://imgur.com/a/WckXkfl

I am DEFINITELY not looking graceful nor beautiful in these pictures, lol. But I am owning it. I'm just so excited and I wanted to share. Thank you for reading. :)

submitted by /u/kvothethearcanine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PPMttv

No comments:

Post a Comment