Friday, October 19, 2018

Pregnant and almost ready to start

First post, and I'm excited. Sorry it's long.

A little background: after i left high school, i didn't do much in the way of continuing to work out (no gym class, no swim team, meant no work out), but i also didn't really have a struggle with my metabolism. I never owned a scale or went to the Dr, so never tracked anything in any way. Years later, i found myself sitting on a suede sofa and seeing my butt print and being horrified by the size of it. Yeah, i knew my pants size was larger, but the connection wasn't there until that moment. I started a hardcore CICO diet along with a workout regimen and ended up losing about 60lbs over the course of 9 months. My goal weight was 135, and i was at 150 and a size 8. I was happy with how i looked and wasn't too worried about the last 15lbs. At around this time, i ended up getting sick and unable to eat anything. I tried keeping calories up with a liquid diet but i still ended up at 120lbs and a size 2. Way too small for my tastes. It took a long time to regain the difference, but eventually i got there.

Fast forward to major crap hitting the fan. I had a kid with my abusive (now ex) husband, we moved across the country, then eventually ended up getting divorced. It was really really messy. After the move, i had trouble finding a job. My kid was going on years of really terrible behaviors. Turned out he has ADHD. All of this less to depression episodes that kept me from getting my workout.. Add to it that I started living with someone who has poor eating habits, and you have a recipe for weight gain.

After things stabilized, my new job offers free membership to a weight loss program that i was literally just starting up when i found out i was pregnant. So now I'm told that i cannot do anything. Due to the nature of the pregnancy, I'm limited to walking (my least favorite thing to do because i have no gym access, can't afford gym access, and Los Angeles in summer is a heat stroke waiting to happen) and I'm not allowed to restrict calories in any way. So I've been maintaining. Or at least doing my best. I gained virtually nothing until month 6, which my Dr said was fine, but after that, the pounds started creeping up.

At work, i was able to get in about 10k steps a day, but as i grew, that got harder and harder until my hips started to give out around 7 months, and i was unable to go more than 3k per day. Then my immune system dropped, and I wasn't able to do my normal job. They moved me to an office position, which prevented me from walking at all during regular hours. My hips got worse and i ended up on medical leave about 6 weeks before my due date.

My weight increasing for the pregnancy at a normal rate at this point is getting me really down. I'm gaining in a healthy way and i know it will be gone in 3 weeks when she's born... And I'm trying to keep positive by knowing that I'm doing everything possible right now to stay healthy and not gain too much. But not being able to start the weight loss for another month or so (recovery) is going to weigh on my depression.

Anyways, that's my story. I'm glad that this sub exists, and I'm looking forward to starting up soon!

submitted by /u/TinHawk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pXogX4

No comments:

Post a Comment