Thursday, October 18, 2018

Shocked to see the changes in my body when I took some progress pictures

I have been lurking for a bit in this thread and find it extremely motivating and encouraging. I have been losing 1-2 lbs a week on average since about July 2018 through tracking my food daily and walking/running. I feel really good about how I look in clothing, and I am about 20 lbs from my goal. But something happened this morning when I took some pictures to track my body changes. About 3 weeks ago I added a new strength training routine and I wanted to track the changes in my body so I figured I should get some pictures to track the changes.

The shock came when I looked at the pictures I took, they look nothing like what I think I look like...I felt so deflated when I saw the pictures, it took me all morning to talk myself out of this spiral I felt myself going into...When I saw the pictures, it's like all of the hard work I had put in so far was nullified by how much further from my "ideal" I am...I am just wondering if this has happened to others and how did you reconcile feeling good about your progress and still having so far to go...I am trying not to feel discouraged, but I am struggling here.

I honestly feel great about my weight loss so far, I like how my clothes fit, I am comfortable being naked around my husband and I feel sexy, but seeing my near naked body in pictures shocked me to no end...It looks nothing like what I thought it did. I feel like I got a dose of reality, and I am feeling more focused and oddly motivated to reach my goal, but whoa...what a shock! I would appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone who has experienced this.

submitted by /u/Lavabelle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RXS0jb

No comments:

Post a Comment