Saturday, October 20, 2018

Slowly working up the courage to seek out help for my eating disorders [320 ->200= 120 Lbs lost]

Oh yeah, prawnofthedead? He's that _______ guy. While I can't know for sure what someone says about me when Im not around, this blank has always been filled with the word fat. I have been obese all my life, trekking into the morbid category towards the beginning of 2017. Once I reached about 320 pounds I decided to care about my health.

Not a single person in the world knows this but I suffer from Binge Eating Disorder. I often can not control myself around food, and I try my hardest not to put myself in a situation with unlimited food such as a buffet or a catered event. I found that through very intense exercise, high (dangerous) caloric deficits, and purging, I would be able to lose enough weight to get myself out of the obese designation. I am still fat, unattractive, angry, anxious, upset, and a litany of other things about how bad I let it get.

This is not an inspirational story nor a cautionary tale. Just hoping to show that a fat guy can suffer from eating disorders too. I hope that I will gain the courage to seek therapy. Right now I can't even handle compliments on my weight loss without severe anxiety. I HATE HATE HATE talking about myself or my transformation to the extent where if I see someone I haven't seen in a long time and I know they're going to bring it up in conversation, I leave the room. This mental issue will hopefully one day be resolved with therapy or maybe I will mature out of this.

Today is my 22nd birthday. I have a variety of eating disorders. Maybe, just maybe, I will be more than just a fat guy.

submitted by /u/prawnofthedead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PJBHFb

No comments:

Post a Comment