Saturday, October 20, 2018

Weight Loss has sent me back to my sewing machine

First, thank you to this sub and those on it. I so appreciate the discussion and support.

My current weight loss journey has resulted in a number of my clothes being too big. I learned to sew in grammar school and used to actually make some simple clothes in high school. I have a cheap sewing machine which I bought to make basement curtains over 20 years ago. I am about midpoint to my goal weight so I thought I would try to figure out how to tailor stuff to avoid the time and expense of taking them to someone else.

The experiment has gone pretty well with the exception of one pair of ponte pants that are now the correct size but a bit lumpy in the waistband.

Here is the primary of the dozens of YouTube videos that I have found to be helpful: How To Adjust The Size of Women's Pants Waists

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=tT-GwNxkkZc&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpkDd6_aZn6M%26feature%3Dshare

I don't think I will ever be a particularly talented seamstress but I do seem to be catching on to this little by little.

submitted by /u/bruteforcegrl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Cyx7FU

No comments:

Post a Comment