Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Struggling with weight loss motivation due to lack of friends

Hello, first time posting here so I’m not sure how it works entirely. I’m 21, Male and have been overweight pretty much my whole life. I don’t own any scales at the moment but a month ago I was around 110kg (around 240-5lbs I think, bad at imperial measurements). Between 15-18 my weight got better, then fluctuated but has really gotten worse since I was around 19/20. I’ve lost weight this year but still heavier than I would like. My issue is that my identity has become so defined by my weight in my head that I’ve allowed myself to lose a lot of friends. I used to be a very social person with dozens of friends, now I find it difficult to speak to people at all (I do put myself out there, doing student theatre and things but it’s not really helping). The issue with this is that when I have very little social interaction I turn to food as a source of pleasure, but inevitably the wrong food. I find it much easier to be healthier when I’m hopeful for the future or otherwise fulfilled, but right now it’s hard to find the motivation to lose weight when food seems like one of my only pleasures to dull the pain of work and loneliness. Given that I’m still trying to be more social and it’s not working, does anyone have any tips for how to find motivation from other sources, or some other advice entirely? I’d really appreciate all perspectives as radical as they might be

submitted by /u/lukendyer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OxH1z5

No comments:

Post a Comment