Sunday, October 21, 2018

Too much weight loss?

I realize ahead of time that there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this, but I'm wondering what people think. I've lost 30 pounds and I feel like I need to lose 5-10 more (185 then and 155 now). I'm around 5'7" and a half. I have a pretty small build and I haven't been focusing on strength training during this weight loss portion... that is my new goal. I know that once I start really strength training, I'm obviously going to weigh more.... so I'm thinking around 145 is a good spot to be in for my build as it is now.

This is a long-winded way to say that some family members who have seen me already feel I've lost enough weight... maybe too much. I don't see it and when I look at my waist size, BMI, etc., it seems fine too me. I'm guessing what they are really noticing is that I haven't increased muscle much since the weight loss.

Any ideas about whether I'm right in thinking that losing 10 more pounds is okay? I can't imagine that I'm 'underweight' already. Supposedly ideal weight for my height can be below 145.

submitted by /u/inthequah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pfis9s

No comments:

Post a Comment