Monday, October 22, 2018

When Exercising How Do You Shut Out That Shame/Voice: "You Look So Dumb Right Now"

An MTV teen weight loss show motivated me to lose weight and it was easy for me! 80lbs from 299 to 219 and I loved it! Doing yoga & HIIT in my room, refusing sugary sweets that use to soothe me, and being positive in life. It took over a year but I felt lighter and discovered things slimmer people in life wouldn't think twice about like crossing your legs, fitting in public seats and shopping for clothes that made me look & feel good (instead of grabbing what fits and covers up). Damn it would feel good to see old bullies or Exes and see their eyes light up. I would just smile and give them the ol' 'Eat your heart out' stare.

That was 8 years ago and I gained it all back plus more. My weight is a constant reminder that I lost the person I use to be. And I want her back.

Each time I get motivated to work out and start, this feeling comes over me of shame. That I look like an idiot, I'm only fooling myself, and I won't be able to do it because I'm weak.

I keep on working out until... well I'm ashamed to say it, until I cry. I'll cry because I believe it to be true. And since it's true than I must be one POS right? (I know I'm not)

How do you stop it?

How do you push through?

What would you say to some one who wants to take control of their lives, start training their body to be optimal and get over that POS voice in your head?

submitted by /u/Agoraphobicshopper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Cy4fOc

No comments:

Post a Comment