Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Decided to not bring my scale for vacation

Progress pic (2016 vs 2018) https://imgur.com/wMFRmHz

This week has been really rough and my relationship with the scale is getting unhealthy. I'm getting too fixated with the digits, a spike of 1.5 kg yesterday set off my anxiety badly and I had a meltdown in my room. Of course it turns out to be water and waste weight… I knew these facts but the numbers were screwing with my head; how could I be doing everything right and see the numbers go the opposite way? This is completely irrational thinking, since this is not my first rodeo and I know it happens.

I have this innate fear of reverting to my 'before' state and right now, I guess I'm having a case of imposter syndrome. It's an odd experience to look significantly different. Recently overhauled my entire wardrobe, and while it forces me to stay on track, I can't help but be scared.

Right now I'm packing my luggage for a one week vacation, and I was seriously considering bringing my heavy scale along haha. Decided against it and will use this week's break to reset instead. Eating while on vacation makes me nervous, hopefully continuing with my intermittent fastingb(16:8) habits will help me control my intake. Bracing myself to see an uptake in weight when I return, which I know will mostly be water and waste weight again.

It's just feels really hard when everyone thinks I'm doing well, but I'm really struggling so hard; I have little confidence in myself for maintenance. I remember every rebound from my previous weight loss effort. I really want to stick to it this time and stay consistent while living and breathing normally. Just throwing this out here and hopefully somebody will relate to this nervousness too.

Finding strength one step at a time.

submitted by /u/printmaniac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SqNyZH

No comments:

Post a Comment