Sunday, April 28, 2019

19F 5'0 128lbs first time overweight and starting to lose confidence, need help

I (19F, 5'0", 128 lbs) have always been the chubby (and smallest) one in our family. My dad(46M) came from a heavier side but he only starting gaining weight in his late 30s. My mom(49F), however, is in the leaner side and I'm currently heavier than her. Both siblings are lean and tall, making me the subject of teasing during family gatherings. They'd always comment on how im the shortest and that I should lose weight ever since my sister became taller. I would just laugh it off and continue being nice to them. Deep inside, it hurt me and I've always wished of being skinny because despite me being nicer and smarter, people would still always compare us. I used to blame it on the genes and I never really worked out cause my BMI had always been normal and my mom did not like me going to the gym.

However, I started living in a dorm for freshman year and I got used to eating lots of unhealthy food due to convenience and lack of time to prep. Moreover, I do not have the time to workout as I'm always stressed with acads, especially with my family's expectations. Moreover, college parties were everywhere so I started going out more frequently and I did not really know that beer contained plenty of calories. I realized it late.

Recently, I weighed myself and I gained almost 20lbs (from the steady 110lbs to 128lbs), making me overweight. This really made me feel sad and I realized the need for me to take action especially since I'm almost 20. People would also tease me more frequently and it would hurt me more cause now, I already know that I'm actually overweight and I'm gaining a belly. It's starting to hurt my confidence especially since some of my friends would laugh at my efforts to lose weight.

Since April 21, I've started drinking green tea daily, intermittent fasting (8-16) (still working on this), and limiting my calories to 1000-1200 a day (also hard so there were days id still reach 1500). I've also been running on a treadmill for at least 30 mins but I wasn't able to do this lately cause I'm currently out of town and didnt bring workout clothes.

I have a few questions: 1. Sometimes, I would already feel full and yet the calorie count is just around 900. Is it safe (especially when im not working out) or do I really need to hit 1000? 2. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? 3. Is there anything I am doing wrong? 4. Any more weight loss tips? 5. Any other advice/comment is welcome.

TL;DR - I've always been chubby but its the first time that my bmi's actually for an overweight and Since April 21, I've started drinking green tea daily, intermittent fasting (8-16) (still working on this), and limiting my calories to 1000-1200 a day (also hard so there were days id still reach 1500). Questions are stated right above.

submitted by /u/blairrrwaldorf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ULdaBi

No comments:

Post a Comment