Tuesday, April 30, 2019

[tip] I've found that High Fructose Corn Syrup absolutely destroys my diet, even in small amounts.

I'm sure that most of the people on this sub know that high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is total shit. I have worked to minimize it from my diet as much as possible over the past year and rarely drink soda. I also gave up caffeine last fall which was incredibly difficult.

I've been intermittent fasting (8/16) for the past three weeks. I used this weight loss method in summer of 2017 to go from 235lbs to 195lbs, and then did it sporadically and abandoned it only to get back to 215 pounds last month. I had an almost perfect streak, until this past Saturday when I was at a memorial for a friend of mine who had died of a drug overdose. They had pizza and soda and I made sure to get a non-caffeine soda (Orange Fanta I believe) and drank one iced cup of it.

For the rest of the day I was starving. I could not stick to my fast and was hungry no matter what I ate. It wasn't the pizza, I have had that during the 8 hour window and had no issues sticking with the fast. HFCS totally messed my day up and I went way over my calories for the day.

I think that complete removal of HFCS (as well as artificial sweetness in diet products) from your diet could help you if you are struggling with weight loss. I don't think it's any coincidence HFCS became popular in the mid-late 80's (cheaper than cane sugar) which was around when the obesity epidemic began.

submitted by /u/blehblah628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2J5H1Cn

No comments:

Post a Comment