Monday, April 29, 2019

Eating at your goal weight’s maintenance calories?

Hi all! This might be obvious to many of you, but I had a bit of an epiphany today and thought I would share in case it’s useful to others :)

Firstly just want to say I’ve found lots of great insight and motivation from this sub, and I’ve been working slowly but effectively to lose 20lbs, at a steady pace over 6 months (sw: 163lbs, cw: 143lbs).

I was thinking about my reasoning behind taking it slow and steady - a big goal of mine is to LEARN how to eat a healthy, balanced, sustainable diet. The idea being that when I eventually reach my goal weight, it’ll be easy to transition to maintenance because I’ll have developed healthy habits, and won’t gain it all back.

Based on TDEE calculations, my current daily calorie target for weight loss is 1200 (I’m 5’3”), but it occurred to me that a different approach could be to look at the maintenance calories for my goal weight (123lbs - I’m half way there!)... because ultimately that’s where I want to end up. And guess what? My goal weight maintenance calories is 1500! Maybe this is obvious to most of you, but it’s a new way of thinking for me. I’ll still aim for 1200, but if I’m low in energy before the gym, or treating myself to dinner out, it’s nice to think that I’m not sabotaging myself and I’m still eating sustainably!

Hope you all have a good week!

submitted by /u/curi0uss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WdwAjI

No comments:

Post a Comment