Sunday, April 28, 2019

Almost didn't recognize myself in a photo today.

Hey /r/loseit,

M26 here. I started a serious weight loss journey, tracking every single thing I eat on the app Lose It!, focusing on watching my macros and making sure I'm staying well under my limits, drinking hella water, and eating five small meals over the course of the day to keep my metabolism going. After three weeks, I'm happy to say that I've gone down from 250 lbs to 235. I haven't noticed that much of a difference in my appearance until today.

My sister and I went out for lunch today, and she decided to sneak a picture and send it to our family group chat.

When my phone buzzed, I looked at the picture and reeled a bit in surprise, not just at the fact that my sister took the picture without me noticing but in the fact that I didn't see the person I was used to seeing in the mirror. Cheeks were a bit smaller and waist was noticeably slimmer. I felt like I was looking back at a picture of myself back from college.

It's those little things that really motivate me and let me know that I'm making visible progress, you know? It makes all the hard days of skipping out on the heavier lunch or forgoing a beer after work worth it. It makes me really want to continue on with it now that I've seen a worthwhile difference.

So keep on keeping on. Results aren't immediate, but they're worthwhile when they appear. And when they do, they're worth more than any satisfaction you'd have in prematurely fulfilling an untimely craving.

submitted by /u/SubtleTypos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZInNbS

No comments:

Post a Comment