Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I feel like I can't tell anyone about my weight loss aims because of my cousin's anorexia plus other ramblings

TLDR: cousin has anorexia so I can't tell my family I want to lose weight and the primary reason I'm losing weight is to look good in some photos, the secondary reason right now is so that I can participate in a triathlon.

My cousin had and still suffers from extreme anorexia, which means that my entire family is very aware of food and dieting and over exercising which is what they did. Because of their struggles with their anorexia I feel like I can't talk about my aims to lose weight and get to a point where I look and feel fit and healthy.

My cousin isn't my biological cousin (our families adopted each other because our actual families live very far away) so we have very different body types and genetics, which means that my cousin and their family are all very skinny which made their anorexia so much worse. My family on the other hand is not naturally skinny and we have to work hard on our food consumption and exercise. Which makes my progress towards weight loss just that bit harder.

A few weeks ago I found out that I am being presented with a major award on the 13th of May where I am required to wear Scout uniform. So I decided that I had to really try and lose some of my extra weight so I could look good in the uniform and all of the pictures that go with this process. So I ramped up my cardio and asked a friend who is a gym buff to show me how all the equipment works, but every time I try and talk about it with anyone, including my gym buff brother, I get turned away or treated badly because of my reasons for losing this weight, and the assumption that I will just gain it all back once it's over.

I have no intention of gaining the weight back because I have discovered a new enjoyment of running, and am seriously considering doing triathlons which is something my stepfather did. I just can't tell anyone that I want to and am training for a triathlon because I haven't picked a specific one to do, and at the moment all I'm training for is "a triathlon"

I've gone from 75kg down to about 71 kg in about 3 weeks mostly by seriously increasing the exercise I do and not allowing myself to quit once I'm bored or tired and also realising that I'm not hungry I'm just bored! (Also I got stomach flu and so I'm completely empty of food!)

Thank you for reading my ramblings. I would love for y'all to be my MFP friends you can add me at mhzking (same as this username)

submitted by /u/mhzking
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vDitJb

No comments:

Post a Comment