Tuesday, April 30, 2019

How do you all stay motivated

Hi all. As the title suggests, I’m having a little trouble staying motivated and I’m looking for tips.

Started last December at 291lbs. Did Whole30 for a month and then switched to a simple Macro limit range. Started exercising 4 times a week. Having good success so far, last Friday I weighed in at 227 lbs. which is awesome.

However, I think I am beginning to get frustrated and lose focus. First, for the past month or two, weight loss has been significantly slower than when I started. Now I understand that there are a few reasons for this: 1) as I get smaller it’s harder to keep losing and 2) I broke a finger so I cannot do my preferred cardio so in my down time I’ve switched to weight lifting and running so building muscle will also slow down loss.

But over the past month or so, I went from losing ~3lbs a week to ~1 lbs. Another part of the issue is I have 1 cheat day on the weekends. Obviously it doesn’t help but honestly it’s one of the few things keeping me sane. However every Monday I will weigh in up to 8lbs heavier then Friday. For example last Friday I was 227 and today I am 332. Again I know this is normal fluctuations and by Friday I will usually be at a net loss, but it is still disheartening.

I think my biggest issue is that I am really busting my ass dieting and doing these grueling workouts but I’m only losing a single pound each week and at this rate it’ll take another 2 years to reach my goal. Then, do have all the work ruined each Monday is pretty crushing. I realize the obvious answer would be to cut the cheat day but I feel like it’s one of the few things keeping me sane, I miss out on so much social interactions because of my restrictions already that to cut the last ones I have left would be too much for me.

My frustrations have led me to begin taking liberties that I would not usually (ex. Eyeballing an ingredient rather than weighing it out on a scale). I recognize this as my first signs of giving up (from past weight loss tries) and I desperately don’t want to. But with everything it feels like I’m losing the light at the end of the tunnel.

So how do you deal with frustration? What are your tips to keep going? I’ve done so good up until now and I wanna keep it up but it’s hard.

P.S. - I hope this post doesn’t come off as whiny, I realize a lot more people have worked through more than I have and I also know that a lot of people have worked harder for less results than I have seen. I just see the bottom coming up at me fast and I want to avoid that.

submitted by /u/EddieTheKiller
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2J4X0jZ

No comments:

Post a Comment