Monday, April 29, 2019

Reached GW in November but now struggling... Any advice/encouragement from successful maintainers?

Hi r/loseit! I'm happy to say that through the act of logging calories every day, and through the help of this subreddit, I was able to lose almost 40 pounds (from 176.8 at my highest to 137.4 at my very lowest). I completely owe this success to the knowledge/support I found in this community.

I first hit my "goal" weight of 140lb back in November... but I only adjusted my calorie goal in my loseit app to "maintenance" in March, because it wasn't until then that I felt that I had truly reached my goal of 140lb, on average, most days. Since this "mission accomplished" moment, I have definitely let myself eat over maintenance... a lot of the time. While I was trying to lose weight I also let myself eat over maintenance some of the time (holidays, a very social Saturday, etc.) -- but on average I was eating at a deficit most days, and therefore still losing. The difference now is that I am aiming to eat @ maintenance on *most* days ... and still letting myself indulge (i.e. eat over maintenance) on "special" days.

Here's a link to my graph from the loseit app if it's interesting to anyone else: https://imgur.com/ZbHoNAP

I've creeped up to 144.4 recently... so I'm hoping to switch back to weight loss mode to try to get back down to my goal of 140, maybe 137 as a cushion.

My question for the successful maintainer's out there is: how did you approach your transition from weight loss to maintenance? What worked for you to keep this up long-term? Does it get easier?!

submitted by /u/avocadh0e_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GITlpi

No comments:

Post a Comment