Monday, April 29, 2019

Been trying to lose for 7 years - finally losing weight

Just wanted to share this with you guys - as I know you'll understand. I have been struggling for 7 years to lose weight. The only time I could lose weight was when I was riding my bike hard at least 15 hours a week, and riding hills, while eating 1200-1500 cal. Not a sustainable lifestyle.

I have been to a nutritionist who said there was nothing she could tweak on my diet. I eat very clean, I weight and measure everything. Still no weight loss. She said normally when someone is experiencing this, they are drinking soda or juice and that is why, but aside from a cup of coffee every morning I just drink water.

So I finally went in to see an endocrinologist, who said my blood sugar is out of whack and put me on medication. Had the follow up today and I have dropped 10 kg (22 lbs) in the past 8 weeks and my blood values are all improving. My healthy diet and moderate exercise are actually working the way they are supposed to.

And I came back from the doc today and cried because it has been years of trying and having people say "you must be doing something wrong" "you must be eating more than you think" "it's just a matter of calories in and calories out" and I didn't really think I would ever see an improvement.

Fingers crossed it keeps on like this. I would like to lose another 30 kg.

submitted by /u/fietsvrouw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XSUUb6

No comments:

Post a Comment