Sunday, April 28, 2019

I‘m really really afraid of changing my wardrobe

I suspect I might not be alone with this problem. As a person who has been on the chubby side my whole life, I always feel I have a fat person inside me, even if my weight loss is going great at that time.

I have been losing and gaining back weight for a couple of years now (probably 5). It’s mostly because I’ve never had control over my binge eating. And most of you know once you deprive yourself of some food, ban is as being “bad”, you want it even more. At least I did.

That’s why over the years my weight has fluctuated from 164 pounds to 121 (I’m 5’4). Right now, I’m on track – I’ve been eating really healthy these past few months, I’ve been exercising, and my weight is 144. I’m still aiming for 121.

But this time I feel that something has changed in me, in the way I think and perceive food. I allow myself to indulge in something I really want, I just control the portions, I eat when I’m hungry and food does not control me anymore (or so I think). So, my bingeing is nonexistent, since I’m not depriving myself. That’s why this time I feel I can really stick to my weight loss and keep the weight off if I want to.

The problem is, my body is changing quite noticeably and that’s great! I bought myself cute new clothes, I’m confident and strong. But I was cleaning out my closet the other day and decided to try on some of my big clothes. They’re WAY to big for me now, I’m not going to wear them in this weight. I packed them all in bags to donate, but I can’t bring myself to do it, because the “fat me”, that is still stuck inside me, thinks I will be fat again and I’m going to need the big clothes again…

Any advice on how to get over that?

submitted by /u/oodra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Pz8wp4

No comments:

Post a Comment